As partners in your care, we ask you to be mindful of the following:
- Patients are responsible for providing accurate and complete information regarding their health status, medical history and current medications.
- Patients are responsible for reporting any change in their condition pre-operatively and during recovery.
- Patients are encouraged to participate in care decisions and ask questions when they do not understand the information provided.
- Interpreter services are available upon request.
Patients are responsible for providing complete and accurate demographic and insurance information (primary and secondary) and meeting financial obligations related to services received. An agreement of payment policies and fees for services will be provided to the patient and documented in the patient’s chart.
Patients Under the Age of 18 and Those with Guardians
A patient’s guardian, next of kin, or legally authorized representative may exercise the rights delineated on the patient’s behalf to the extent permitted by law. Legal documents must be presented and scanned into the patient’s record in cases where the patient has:
- been adjudicated incompetent in accordance with the law.
- has designated a legal representative to act on their behalf.
- emancipated minors.